Ancestors of Swan's Island's Enoch Billings
Enoch Billings came to Swan's Island from Sedgwick in 1826, and took up a tract of land north of David Smith. It contained 175 acres, and is known as the Narrows Lot. This place was afterwards bought by James Smith, and at present is owned by J. T. Crippin, of Ellsworth. On it are located some valuable stone quarries. Mr. Billings wife was Sarah Carter, whom he married in Sedgwick previous to his coming here. She was a large powerful woman, often performing feats of strength that would have done credit to a man.
Created 28 January 2013 with RootsMagic Genealogy Software