just beyond the Island Retreat entrance.
Lawrence (Lonnie) Smith is the attendant.
Sunday 1 - 4 p.m.
Tuesday 1 - 4 p.m.
Thursday 1 - 4 p.m.
Friday 1 - 4 p.m.
Sunday 1 - 5 p.m.
Tuesday 3 - 6 p.m.
Thursday 3 - 6 p.m.
Friday 3 - 6 p.m.
Saturday 12 - 3 p.m. (July & August only)
TRANSFER STATION RULES
SINGLE STREAM RECYCLING
Click here for a list of what can and cannot
be put into the recycling compactor
1. "Closed Top" Compactor: Normal household waste including: garbage, small plastic furniture, paint cans no larger than one gallon, unmounted tires less than 20".
2. 'Open Top' Container: Demolition debris including: shingles, sheetrock, mattresses, stuffed furniture (broken down as much as possible).
3. 'Clean' Wood Area: Used lumber (with nails removed), plywood.
4. 'White Goods" and Metals Area: Stoves, refrigerators (doors must be removed), TV's, small appliances, wire traps, rims, metal furniture.
UNACCEPTABLE WASTE: Batteries, junked cars, septic sludge, dead animals, demolition materials from brick, stone or concrete.
SPECIAL COLLECTION OF HAZARDOUS WASTE
The following items can now be accepted at the new Transfer Station Hazardous Waste Building:
- Acids (Battery, Muriatic, etc.)
- Antifreeze (Used)
- Automobile Fluids (Brake, etc.)
- Batteries (Rechargeable Only)
- Chemicals (Pool, Photo, etc.)
- Cleaners (Oven, Drain, etc.)
- Computers, Monitors, Televisions
- Flourescent Bulbs & Ballasts
- Linseed Oil
- Mercury Items: thermometers, etc.
- Paint Remover/Thinner
- Oil-Based Paint and Stain
- Oil Waste (from cars, trucks, etc.)
- Transmission Fluid
ALL ITEMS MUST BE IN LEAK PROOF CONTAINERS.
Trash left at the transfer station during non-operating hours gets strewn around by gulls and raccoons and has to be picked up by the attendant. If your trash is found IT WILL BE CONSIDERED LITTER and subject to a $200.00 fine according to State law. It is a rare bag of trash that cannot be traced to its source.